Friday, March 30, 2007

Grammar

I would like to say how frustrating it can be to have people correct your grammar all the time. What's even worse is if you are an English Honors Major and continually use improper grammar. Apparently if you are an English Honors Major you are expected to have perfect grammar. If you fail to meet that expectation everyone finds the need to point out your ill usage of the English language. I would love to meet the person who has perfect grammar and then once I met that person I would like to throw them down a well and leave them there to rot. But I think it is very doubtful that this person exists so I don't see my self committing a homicide any time soon.
This is a message to all those who correct other people's grammar. You know who you are...Your not perfect so if your going to correct anyone's grammar do us all a favor and correct your own! Does being grammatically correct really make you a better person? I think not!

1 comment:

Scott William said...

I hate to admit it, but I'm a grammar corrector. I'm not proud of it, but I'm only correcting really bad grammar now. Like stuff you're supposed to have mastered in grade 9.